1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE STATEMENT This Statement governs Your use of the AMEL Interactive Services, including any dispute concerning privacy. By using the AMEL Interactive Services, You accept this Statement in full. You should read the Statement carefully and ensure that You understand its effect before proceeding to use the Site and the AMEL Interactive Services. We reserve the right to modify this Statement at any time without notice by posting the changes on this page. Your continued use of any portion of the Site following the posting of the updated Statement will constitute Your acceptance of the changes.
2. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & HOW?
A. Personal Data (other than financial) 2.1 The Site asks You to provide various types of Personal Data to enhance the quality of the AMEL Interactive Services We can provide to You and the more accurate the information You provide, the better We are able to respond to Your requirements! As part of the process of using the Site and the AMEL Interactive Services, We may collect the following types of Personal Data about You (as applicable):
- Your name, title, telephone, email, software experience skillset and Your CV details (if registering as a potential AMEL Consultant);
- Your name, job title, organisation details, software usage details, telephone and email (if registering as a potential AMEL Customer);
- Your visits to the Site and the AMEL Content that You download; and,
- Your UGC that You may upload or submit to the Site.
B. Financial Data
2.2 Each monetary transaction shall take place off the Site between You and AMEL. For the avoidance of doubt, AMEL do not take any payments via the Site or authorise any third party payment provider to do so. AMEL do submit and receive invoices and will require Your payment details including Your account number and sort code to reconcile and administrate payments in accordance with your respective agreements in place with AMEL i.e. a Consultancy Services Agreement (as an AMEL Consultant) or your Customer Service Terms (as an AMEL Customer). 2.3 Except as provided herein, We will not share Personal Data with any other third parties without Your prior consent.
C. Other Data
2.4 Other de-personalised data which does not record Personal Data as such, rather information such as the date of Your visit to the Site, the path taken, the browser used, the IP address etc is used primarily to aid the technical administration of the Site, to better understand how the Site is functioning for AMEL Users and to draw conclusions upon demographic information.
3. HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
3.1 Your Personal Data may need to be passed on to third party companies or service providers for the sole purpose of fulfilling the AMEL Interactive Services only and not for the purposes of making marketing communications, unless You have expressly consented to this being undertaken by a third party (“AMEL Partners”). You are under no obligation to provide such Personal Data to us, however, if You choose not to, some of the AMEL Interactive Services may not be available to You including the IFS Hub and AMEL E-Helpers Forum.
3.2 You acknowledge that Your Personal Data may be used by AMEL to contact an AMEL User by post, phone or by electronic mail when necessary in connection with Your use of the Site and the AMEL Interactive Services.
3.3 From time to time, AMEL may contact You by electronic mail (or by telephone) by way of sending You various confirmations, notifications, feedback requests or any other newsletter or information or offers regarding upcoming AMEL promotions, services or customer surveys. If You change Your mind, You can opt out of receiving some but not all of this as some are required as a necessary part of the registration process and for continuing to receive access required by you to the Interactive Services. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from AMEL as descried below.
3.4 Your Personal Data is used solely by AMEL (and AMEL Partners to the extent necessary to fulfil the AMEL obligations to You) for the sole purpose of enabling AMEL to act as a service provider to You and is not shared with any person or company without Your express consent.
3.5 Any Personal Data that is held with AMEL shall be retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and related Data Protection Legislation and/ or our retention and destruction policy culminating in its permanent deletion.
3.6 If Personal Data has been passed to third parties with Your consent, You may need to contact them separately if You change Your mind in relation to their use of Your Personal Data.
OPTING OUT: If You do not wish to be contacted by AMEL in respect of future marketing communications, We will give You the opportunity to unsubscribe to the receipt of such communications in every electronic mail communication that We send to You. Alternatively and additionally, You can contact AMEL by sending an email to email@example.com with “URGENT – UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST” in the subject line or send Your request by post to AMEL at the contact address below.
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4.1 To minimise the risk of unauthorised access to Your Personal Data, We use some of Your Personal Data to authenticate You when using the Site and the AMEL Interactive Services.
4.2 For our daily operations, We may use the services of third parties to provide some of our business and operational functions. Consequently, some of the AMEL Interactive Services are provided by AMEL Partners and We need to disclose Your information to them to provide You with the AMEL Interactive Services.
4.3 Disclosure of Your Personal Data in Compliance with Laws You should be aware that We may release Your Personal Data when We believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which You transact or communicate with or via AMEL, or to protect the rights, property or safety of AMEL, AMEL Users or third parties.
4.4 Transfer of Your Personal Data outside of the EEA From time to time, We may transfer Your Personal Data to a related company, agent or contractor in order to improve our AMEL Interactive Services or to assist our security, credit risk or fraud protection activities. Such companies may be located outside of the EEA and You consent to the transfer of Your Personal Data to such companies for the purposes set out here in accordance with this Statement and as permitted by the Data Protection Legislation from time to time.
4.5 Transfer of Personal Data in the Event of the Sale of Amel Consulting or its Assets In the event that Amel Consulting Limited is sold or transfers some of its assets to another party, Your Personal Data could be one of the transferred assets. If Your Personal Data is transferred, its use will remain subject to this Statement. Your Personal Data will be passed on to a successor in interest in the event of a liquidation or administration of AMEL.
4.6 Other Sites and their Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies The Site may contain links to other websites. AMEL is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies, cookie policies and practices of other third parties, so You should be careful to read and understand those website policies independently.
5. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA & FOR HOW LONG?
5.1 The privacy and protection of Your Personal Data is important to us. In addition, any AMEL User statistics that We may provide to prospective Amel Partners regarding Your usage of the AMEL Interactive Services are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any individually identifiable data.
5.2 You acknowledge that email messages sent over the internet are not encrypted and are not secure. Despite efforts to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data You transmit to us, via, to, or from our Site. You accept that AMEL cannot be held liable for any breaches of confidentiality that may occur as a result of the use of email. If there is any sensitive or confidential Personal Data which You do not wish to communicate by email, please contact AMEL by telephone or post to arrange an alternative method of communication. You transmit all such Personal Data at Your own risk.
5.3 Once Your Personal Data is submitted, We have, or procure the provision of, security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data under their control. 128 bit industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) is used as a minimum standard which encrypts all of Your Personal Data in respect of a Your Payment Details including Your name, and address, so that it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
5.4 How long We keep Your Personal Data collected through our Site depends on the context in which You provide it and the purpose for which We use it. We will only retain it for as long as is necessary for such purposes. We may send You direct marketing communications for as long as You do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from AMEL.
5.5 Telephone calls: If You call any of the service telephone numbers quoted on this Site, We may record Your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that We continuously monitor and improve our service standards.
7. COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES AMEL tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using Personal Data. For this reason, We take any complaints We receive about this very seriously. We encourage You to bring it to our attention if You think that our collection or use of Personal Data is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures. This Statement does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of AMEL’s collection and use of Personal Data. However, We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below. If You are not happy with the way in which Your Personal Data is being handled by AMEL, You can complain to the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at: http://www.ico.org.uk/
8. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA AMEL tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their Personal Data. Individuals can find out if We hold any Personal Data by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If We do hold Personal Data about You, We will let You have a copy of that Personal Data. To make a request to AMEL for any Personal Data that We may hold, You need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below. They may be an administrative charge applied in accordance with the applicable legislation.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US Requests for information about our Statement or a ‘subject access request’ can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Amel Consulting Limited (Helpdesk Support Manager) Pioneer House Pioneer Business Park North Road Ellesmere Port Cheshire CH65 1AD
10. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT We keep our Statement under regular review. This Statement was last updated on 14 May 2014.