It is clear in our view that 80% of the causes are nothing to do with the actual software selected and implemented. We believe many of the reasons sit within the organisation in terms of management, end user culture and governance.
Over 80% of ERP implementations don’t get delivered on time, on budget and/or to quality. Why?
- Senior business sponsorship is lacking to provide decisive leadership
- Business managers are not fully bought into the plans
- Insufficient business and IT resources to deliver it effectively
- Too many software customisations, enhancements or interfaces
- Unrealistic timelines for key activities – e.g. Testing
- Technology platform not the right fit for the business
- Weak project management and governance
- Little business ownership of the solution