AMEL Consulting has conducted global, independent research to assess the intentions of IFS customers towards upgrading.
Here are our findings.
A large number of IFS customers have not yet upgraded to APPS 8.
- 62% have not yet upgraded to APPS 8.
- 38% have upgraded to APPS 8.
Out of the companies surveyed:
- 16% plan to upgrade to APPS 9 in 2015.
- 30% plan to upgrade to APPS 9 in 2016
- 16% plan to upgrade to APPS 9 in 2017 or later.
- 38% have no plans to upgrade at present.
The majority of companies on older versions plan to upgrade straight to APPS 9.
- 28% plan to upgrade to APPS 8.
- 54% plan to upgrade to APPS 9.
- 18% will not be upgrading.
The main driver for upgrading is new functionality/enchancements.
- Leverage new functionality/enhancements 62%
- Improved end users buy in satisfaction 35%
- Reduced number of customisations 38%
- Improved software performance and reliability 42%
- Comply with vendor request (software supportability) 12%